Visitors to the HTA National Plant Show, sponsored by Hortipak, have voted Rose ‘Timeless Purple’ from Whartons Roses as Best in Show at the New Plant Awards. The Visitor Vote Award, sponsored by Floramedia, proved extremely popular and with over 100 entries for visitors to choose from, they were once again spoilt for choice.
The rose is intense, floral and has very fragrant blooms, which produce plentiful flowers that are suitable for cutting. Bred and tested for its health, fragrance and suitability to cut for the vase and home flower decorations, it also makes a superb garden plant grown in the border or in large pots and containers.
Full Visitor Vote results were:-
- Best in Show and Best Shrub & Climber – Rose ‘Timeless Purple’ from Whartons Roses
- Best Annual – Helianthus annuus SUNBELIEVABLE BROWN EYED GIRL Sunbeliv01’ from Thompson & Morgan
- Best Herbaceous Perennial – Digitalis Firebird from Farplants
- Best Houseplant – Ficus Elastica Melany from Plant Partners
- Best Tree & Conifer – Laburnum anagyroides Yellow Rocket® from Frank P Matthews Limited
Visitors also voted for their most inspiring retails stands and concepts at the events.
The winner of the Planting the Seed Award as voted by visitors, via the National Plant Show app and supported by Garden Connect, which highlights stand displays that capture the imagination, provide clear information and attract attention was:
- Winner - Classiflora Zelari
- Highly Commended – The Bransford Webbs Plant Company
- Commended – Javado UK
Special mentions also went to Oakgate Nursery, John Richards, Wyevale Nurseries, Allensmore Nurseries, David Austin Roses, New Leaf Plants, Taylors Bulbs and Florna Plants.
The Best Plant Concept for Retail award was again voted for by visitors, and the winner of this award was WD Smith for their Scented Geraniums.
The winner of the New Product Showcase in the Nursery Supply Show was the Smart Plant App from Dura-ID Solution Limited.
For further information visit www.nationalplantshow.co.uk or follow us on Twitter @HTANews #HTAPlantShow