A packed gathering from the UK and international retailer and supplier pet sector attended the 2019 PetQuip Awards & Dinner party held on Sunday 22 September.
The audience saw 21 high achievers from the industry receive awards for their business successes over the past year. The seventh edition of this annual event took place on the first evening of the PATS Telford pet trade exhibition.
The PetQuip awards, presented by Pat Flynn, PetQuip trade association manager and Amanda Sizer Barrett MBE, director general of the PetQuip association, included nine gold and nine silver medals, plus three highly commended awards and a special Lifetime Achievement Award for Dean Richmond of retail chain Pets Corner.
The awards results are:
- Gold – Natures Menu
- Silver – Fold Hill Foods
Exporter of the Year
- Gold - Fish4Dogs
- Silver – ChickenGuard
- Highly Commended – Little Big Paw
Marketing Project of the Year
- Gold – Burgess for RAW (Rabbit Awareness Week)
- Silver – Forthglade for The Great Dog Walk Challenge
Pet Product of the Year
1) Food/Treats/Health - Dogs
- Gold – Pawfect Foods – YAK Cheese Straws
- Silver – Pedigree Wholesale – Natures Deli
- HC – Innocent Pet Care – Birthday Cake Mix
Food/Treats/Health – Cats
- Gold – Burgess – Neutered Cat
- Silver – PetCo –Cat Love
2) Accessories /Technical
- Gold – Henry Wag Noodle Glove Towel and the complete range of drying products
- Silver – Henry & Co – organic ear cleaner for dogs
- Highly Commended – Tropiclean – dental health
3) Small Animal pet products
- Gold – ChickenGuard
- Silver – Haypigs
International Pet Retailer/Distributor/Wholesaler of the Year
- Gold – Valgaia doo/Pasji.net, Slovenia
- Silver – Saint Vincent Group, Dubai
UK Pet Retailer of the Year
- Gold – Just for Pets, pet store chain
- Silver – Henry & Co Dog Boutique, Arbroath
- Dean Richmond, CEO of retail chain Pets Corner
The awards were produced in association with PATS and supported by APPA/Global Pet Expo, PetFace, Canagan, Hownd, Natures Menu, PBW News and James & Steel.
Guests during the evening were entertained by a talented magician, kindly sponsored by Hownd; another highlight of the PetQuip awards evening was the PATS New Product Awards, which the organisers presented in association with Pet Business World prior to the PetQuip Awards presentations.
The PetQuip association is a division of the Federation of Garden and Leisure Manufacturers Ltd, the trade association that works on behalf of British companies to help its members increase sales worldwide.