- Responsibility for outdoor plant area sales and profit.
- Purchasing stock in line with seasonal requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring sales and profit; and taking action to maximise sales and profit.
- Responsible for high standards of visual merchandising and customer experience.
- Leading and managing the performance of a small team.
- Occasional duty manager responsibilities.
You will have:
- A sound knowledge of plants and horticulture (relevant qualification or experience).
- A proven track record in successful horticultural retailing.
- A positive attitude with the ability to inspire your team and lead by example.
- Good judgement, attention to detail and discretion.
- Effective communication skills for customers, colleagues on all levels and suppliers.
Dunbar Garden Centre is a modern and purpose-built destination garden centre. We are part of a long-established company, now with 3 centres. We have significant investment planned this year to grow our business further. As part of a growing business, we anticipate an exciting future for the right candidate. The salary is competitive and will be discussed at interview.
Send a cover letter and your CV with employment history including dates and salary, to Nick Donaghey, Dunbar Garden Centre, Spott Road, Dunbar, EH42 1BF