Longacres Garden Centres are recruiting for an Assistant Plants Manager, to join our flagship store in Bagshot. This is a newly required role, in which you’ll report to the Plant Area Manager & Buyer overseeing the day to day operation of the Shrub department. Your experience within horticultural retail will enable you to work in a very fast paced business, while commercially astute, you’ll have an eye for detail and quality resulting in increased sales and higher department standards.
We’re offing a starting salary of £26,000 per annum with a yearly salary review.
What are we looking for?
Responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Ensuring deliveries are worked quickly and priced correctly
- Managing rotas effectively, keeping the department correctly staffed daily
- Coaching and training the team to develop skills to enhance their careers
- Managing displays and stock on commercial opportunities as they arise
- Merchandising the department effectively to drive further sales
- Ensuring the department is safe for all customers and colleagues
- Passionate about retail and horticulture
- Understands who to lead and develop colleagues using various techniques
- Able to work under pressure to a high standard
- Commercially astute and able to demonstrate examples on how you have increased sales
- Eye for detail and merchandising
- Excited and passionate about working for the UK’s number 1 Garden Centre
Longacres Garden Centre in Bagshot is the United Kingdom’s highest turnover Garden Centre, it’s number 1 in the Horti Week Top 100 stores since 2009 and are 2016’s Garden Centre of the Year. We’re proud of our achievements and are determined to continue growing the business, from online to in store. Longacres are renowned for great product and exceptional price.