One of the UK’s leading nurseries in Hereford has this month (May, 2017) supplied five new plant introductions to be used it the Horticultural Trades Association’s (HTA) Chelsea Flower Show garden titled ‘40 Sunbury Road’.
Peter Seabrook, gardening correspondent for The Sun, is behind the garden industry show garden, which will include the involvement of 100 growers and suppliers, including Wyevale Nurseries.
Ben Gregory, Product Development Manager at Wyevale Nurseries, explained: “We’re delighted to be involved with this show garden and release our new plants for the first time this year. As well as the new plants for 2017 we have also supplied five other relatively new introductions that have been very popular.
“The objective of the ‘40 Sunbury Road’ show garden is to create a typical suburban back garden that consumers can relate to, while at the same time inspiring and providing some new and interesting ideas that could easily be copied. The title of the garden’40 Sunbury Road’ also celebrates Peter’s 40 years as gardening correspondent for The Sun.
“The Chelsea Flower Show is the perfect chance for the general public to see what new varieties we have that will be appearing at their local garden centre this May and June and how they can be used in their own gardens.
“The new plants we supplied for HTA’s Chelsea Flower Show garden included:
- Salvia Little Kiss a new bi-colour salvia.
- Scabious Kudo White an extremely floriferous new white flowering scabious perfect for patios offering colour from May until frosts.
- Hydrangea ‘LA Dreamin’ a new bicoloured Hydrangea that produces pink and blue flowers on the same plant.
- Hydrangea ‘Doppio Bianco’ a beautiful new white double flowering Hydrangea that opens as a lacecap but fills out into a mophead.
- Lavender ‘The Princess’ a fantastic new hardy French lavender. Bright, fat, vibrant deep pink flags and is a true garden performer.
“We also supplied Ligustrum Sunshine, a bright golden dwarf shrubs that illuminates landscapes. This plant was launched in 2016.”
The below plants were also supplied by the Wyevale Nurseries and these were all launched in 2015.
- Phormium Chocomint is a distinct two tone Phormium with chocolate midribs and mint edges.
- Scabious Kudo Pink is an extremely floriferous pink flowering scabious perfect for patios offering colour from May until frosts.
- Antirrhinum ‘Pretty in Pink’ is the first of its kind perennial Antirrhinum, which provides a spectacular show of vivid pink tubular flowers from early summer through to the first frosts.
- Viburnum ‘Kilimanjaro Sunrise’ is a stunning shrub with elegant white lacecap flowers that cover the distinctive, tiered branches of this upright shrub. It was as a previous plant of the year award winner in 2015.
Wyevale Nurseries is a wholesale grower of these varieties but the plants are available from garden centres the company supplies. To find out more, please email email@example.com.