During the BBC Gardeners World Live Florist Holland, Peter Seabrook and Fresh at Burcot Garden Centre created an impressive floral display that has never been done before. The 90m2 pyramid was completely decorated with Garvinea® the first true garden Gerbera. The spectacular bright colours of the flowers and the magnitude of the Pyramid made this an exceptional and eye-catching display in the Floral Marquee.
The responses from the visitors were very enthusiastic. Both for the display as for the Garvinea®. During the BBC Gardeners World Live visitors were able to buy the Garvinea® from the Fresh at Burcot Garvinea® team. On Sunday 800 Garvinea’s from the pyramid were sold in one hour to the visitors of the event. The pyramid was decorated with the Garvinea® series Sweet Surprise (purple), Sweet Memories (pink), Sweet Love (red) and Sweet Honey (orange). These bright coloured flowers make the Garvinea® a must-have, but this garden plant has more strong qualities.
The benefits of Garvinea® in a nutshell
- The first true garden Gerbera.
- Flowering period from early spring until first frost.
- Produces up to 100 flowers per plant per year.
- The large flowers attract pollinators and let them make their contribution to the ecosystem.
- Flowers can be picked and used as cut flowers. Extra benefit, plucking stimulates the creation of new buds on the plant.
- Organic gardening becomes easy, because this Garvinea® is high resistance to pests and diseases.