Ensure that you make the most of this year’s HTA National Plant Show, sponsored by Hortipak, by registering to attend in advance at www.nationalplantshow.co.uk. The show, which celebrates its 10th birthday this year, takes place on Tuesday 18 and Wednesday 19 June at Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire.
There will be even more to see at this year’s show with Hall 2 packed full of plants from the very best UK nurseries. In addition, the former Nursery Supply Show will be co-located in the adjoining Hall 1, providing everything the trade needs to sell plants under one roof. With a wealth of innovation and expertise visitors can now meet the full spectrum of suppliers including, plants, polytunnel and glasshouse supply, substrates and growing media through to display benching, machinery, labelling and product information and much more.
Alongside the exhibitors there are a number of other features providing added interest at the show.
Talking taupe – an opportunity to find out more about the Nursery Working Group and taupe pot initiative introducing a recyclable carbon pigment free alternative to the black plastic pot.
Show sponsor Hortipak invites visitors to join them on the Hortipak Hub and find out how they are Connecting People with Plants helping both growers and retailers to increase return business. You will find innovative ways to package and promote plants as well as having the opportunity to discuss your individual branding, marketing and product requirements directly with the designers and sales team.
In Hall 2 the New Plant Awards are at the heart of the show. Annually attracting over 100 entries this is the place to see what is new and available to the market in the following season. Judges this year include Sabatino Urzo from the RHS, Ken Cox from Glendoick Garden Centre, Tamsin Westhorpe co-chair of the Garden Media Guild, Melanie Livingston plant buyer from Fron Goch Garden Centre with HTA’s Director of Operations Martin Simmons overseeing.
The seminar theatre, sponsored by Sinclair Horticulture, will host a number of sessions throughout the show. These include:
- New Plant Awards – the judges highlight the winning plants, why they won and how they can help your plantarea offering
- HTA Horticulture Manager, Alistair Yeomans provides an update on the latest plant health issues and developments and implications for the horticultural industry
- An update on the Phyto-threats project from Forest Research
- Following on from last year’s session on plastics in horticulture this panel session will look at what sustainability means to your business
In Hall 1 there will be an innovation area. This will encompass the Best Concept for retail award entries as well as the Product Showcase area and really highlight the huge variety of suppliers that show at the event and what they can offer your business.
Also, there is the opportunity to visit the Dura-ID Hub - a new mini demonstration area where our suppliers supported by our area partner Dura-ID will have the opportunity to showcase new and innovative offerings.
Many thanks to show sponsors:-
- Headline Partner – Hortipak
- Associate partner – ICL
- Media Partner – Gardenforum
- New plant awards – RHS
- Visitor Vote – Floramedia
- Hub Sponsor - DURA-ID
- Benching partners – Timber Displays
- Digital partner – Garden Connect
- Delegate Bag partner – Container Centralen
- Event Partners – HTA Insurance Services, Joy of Plants and Glee
Register now at www.nationalplantshow.co.uk to ensure a quick and easy entry to the show.