RHS has postponed RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival and cancelled the Tatton Park and Wisley Flower Shows due to Covid-19.
- 2020 RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival will be postponed to 10–15 September (it was scheduled 7 – 12 July)
- 2020 RHS Tatton Park Flower Show will be cancelled this year (it was scheduled 22 – 26 July)
- 2020 RHS Wisley Flower Show will be cancelled this year (it was scheduled 8-13 September)
- 2020 RHS Hyde Hall Flower Show has been postponed to 2-6 Septembe (it was scheduled 5 – 9 August)
- 2020 RHS Rosemoor Flower Show has been postponed to 18-20 September (it was scheduled 14 – 16 August)
Postponing Hampton Court to September enables the RHS to support nurseries in the South of England who regularly attend both Hampton Court and the Wisley Show.
There are already other Flower Shows taking place in the North of England in September, including the Harrogate Autumn Flower Show, and the RHS has made the decision to not hold Tatton, so it doesn’t clash with them and impact on nurseries and trade exhibiting there.
Sue Biggs, RHS Director General, says, “As well as being much loved by visitors, RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival is a really important platform for the horticultural industry. We are sorry to not be able to hold our wonderful Tatton Show, however, we look forward to returning to the North West in a big way in 2021 with the return of Tatton Park and the opening of RHS Garden Bridgewater.”
All future planned RHS shows are of course subject to Government advice allowing them to take place.