The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) is saddened to announce that due to the continued uncertainty about events amid the ongoing Covid-19 situation, it regretfully must cancel the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival, supported by Viking.
The RHS had already postponed the Show from taking place in July to early September 2020 in the hope that the show might be possible.
Like so many who were excited about the show happening, the RHS had been looking forward to being able to deliver at least one major flower show this year, but, as with so many other autumn events cancelling at the moment, this just isn’t possible in 2020.
It is also with regret that the rescheduled RHS Flower Shows due to take place at RHS Garden Rosemoor and RHS Garden Hyde Hall in September are also now cancelled. This means that all remaining 2020 RHS Flowers Shows are now cancelled.*
Sue Biggs, RHS Director General, says; “We had so hoped that we could hold our much loved RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival this autumn for our members, visitors, exhibitors and sponsors, but sadly in these challenging times this is just not possible.
“We are pleased that our Virtual Chelsea online show did so much in terms of bringing some horticultural joy to the nation, as well as supporting the horticulture industry and we continue to support our nurseries through the Garden Magazine and online during this time.”
Everyone who has purchased a ticket to the affected shows will be contacted by the RHS and offered 2021 show dates, refunds and other options should they wish to show their support of the RHS.
Sue finishes: “We continue to carefully follow Government advice and make responsible decisions with the health and safety of people always at the front of our minds.
“All future planned RHS shows are of course subject to Government advice allowing them to take place, but we hope to welcome you back in 2021 to some spectacular shows, including of course the world’s best flower show, Chelsea 2021”.
Details of cancelled RHS Flower Shows for remainder of 2020:
- RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival cancelled, after previously being postponed to 10–15 September (it was originally scheduled 7 – 12 July)
- RHS Tatton Park Flower Show cancelled (it was scheduled 22 – 26 July)
- RHS Wisley Flower Show cancelled (it was scheduled 8-13 September)
- RHS Hyde Hall Flower Show – cancelled, after previously being postponed to 2-6 September (it was scheduled 5 – 9 August)
- RHS Rosemoor Flower Show – cancelled, after previously being postponed to 18-20 September (it was scheduled 14 – 16 August)