The Garden Industry Manufacturers’ Association’s AGM took place on 13th March and was attending by over 60 members
During the proceedings the following appointments were announced:
- Steve Millington, Sales & Marketing Director of Bosmere Products Ltd was voted in as GIMA President
- Chris Ramsden, Retail Sales & Marketing Director of Suttons Consumer Products Ltd was voted in as Vice President
- Colin Wetherley-Mein of Vitax has taken on the role of Honorary Treasurer
Richard Pyrah from Kelkay remains in the post of Honorary Secretary
In addition to the existing council of
- Matt Jackson, Briers Ltd
- Rainer Schubert, The Scotts Miracle-Grow Co. Ltd
- Richard Bence, Treadstone Ltd
- Alan Shepherd, Burgon & Ball Ltd
- Tara Truman, William Sinclair Horticultural Ltd
- Rebecca Fairbairn, Westland Horticulture Ltd
- David Carey, Mr. Fothergill’s Seeds Ltd
One new council member has been nominated to take on responsibilities of Council Membership representing the views of the members, and that is:
- Kate Ebbens, Cadix Ltd
In his opening address, Steve Millington reminded members that GIMA still represents the best value for money trade association in our industry, and vowed to continue to support all sizes of business no matter how big or small. Buyer Connect events would continue to be developed and more ‘real business’ opportunities will be developed in the coming year.
The Association also reported a healthy financially position and while a small operating profit was recorded, this was mainly due to a number of extraordinary costs incurred due to relocation of the secretariat facilities and Director recruitment costs.
Membership of GIMA is open to all manufacturers and suppliers , with a UK or European base, of products to garden retailer trade operators.