The PetQuip Awards are firmly established as a mark of excellence for companies wishing to highlight their products and services to the world.
Now in their sixth year, such is the popularity of the awards that several hundred entries were received this year, and following the judges’ deliberations, these have now been whittled down to a list of 39 finalists.
Commenting on the quality of the entries received, PetQuip’s trade association manager, Pat Flynn said; “It has been a mammoth task working with our team of experts to filter through the entries and each and every finalist can be proud of their achievements. This is particularly true for those companies that have made it into the final line-up in categories where there were a large number of entries.
“Our final judging panel, made up of independent retailers, a retail chain buyer and a marketing analyst, will have a hard time deciding the ultimate winners”.
The 2018 finalists are:
Business of the Year
- Broadreach Nature +
- Danish Design
- Group 55
- Loving Pets
- Natures Menu
- Pedigree Wholesale
- Wild Wash
Exporter of the Year
- Burgess Pet Care
- Chicken Guard
- Group 55
- Loving Pets
Marketing Project of the Year
- Company of Animals
- Inspired Pet Nutrition/Harringtons
- Just for Pets
- Natures Menu/True Instinct
- Wild Wash
Pet Product of the Year
1) Food & Treats:
- Hownd – Hemp Wellness Treats
- Kennelpak – Yakers Dog Chews
- Loving Pets – Ora Bone
- Meatlove – Training Sausage
- Naturediet – Moist Meaty Treats
- Nutriment – Dinner for Cats
- Poppy’s Picnic – Enhanced Pet Food
- Poppy’s Picnic – Complete Meatballs
- Poppy’s Picnic – Follow-on Paste
- Slurps – Nutritious Dog Drinks
- Collarways – Mookiemax grooming and massage tool
- Collarways – WestPaw chew
- Company of Animals – new launch
- Danish Design – Dog Duvet
- K9 Organics – Shampoos/Paw Balm
- Pet Trade Innovations – Doc & Phoebe No Bowl System
3) Health & Technical:
- Catipilla – Climbing Frame
- Chicken Guard – Automatic Chicken Coop Door
- Collarways – Anti-parasite Collar
- Doggy’s Cuppa – Daily Dog Brew
- PetWeighter – Dog Feeding System
- Sure Petcare – Microchip Pet Door Connect
- Sure Petcare – Cat Flap Connect
- WaggleAntics – Tick Defence
International Pet Retailer/Distributor/ Wholesaler of the Year
- Saint Vincent Group, Dubai
- Samohyl, Czech Republic
- Wanimo.com, online retailer, France
- Whesco, Denmark
UK Pet Retailer of the Year
- Colchester Pet Stores, Colchester, Essex
- Hart Pet Supplies, Benfleet, Essex
- Mutt & Co Pet Boutique, Hartlepool, Teesside
- Pack and Clowder, Hackney, London
- The Wet Nose Dog, online retailer
- WaggleAntics, online retailer
To be revealed on 23rd September at the PetQuip Awards dinner.
Speaking about how the industry perceives the value of the awards, the director general of PetQuip, Amanda Sizer Barrett said; “News of the winners is always eagerly anticipated, and the publicity generated for those runners- up, finalists and winners should never be underestimated.
“PetQuip receives worldwide recognition and to gain one of its awards demonstrates that the winning firm is a high achiever in the pet industry. Using the awards as a form of promotion can add significant credibility to both a company and its products in both home and overseas markets. We are looking forward to finding out who will be the lucky winners this year.”
Final judging will take place in August with the winners being announced on Sunday 23rd September at the PetQuip Awards dinner, which takes place on the first evening of the PATS pet trade exhibition in Telford.
Following the success of last year’s presentations, the PATS New Product prizes will also be presented at the dinner. Tickets for the event can now be booked by calling 01959 565995 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets are £80 plus VAT or £70 plus VAT for PetQuip members and in addition to entry to the event, the price includes a drinks reception, three course meal with wine and entertainment. As in previous years, the occasion promises to deliver a fun evening of networking, good food and wine.
PetQuip is the International Trade Association of Pet Equipment Suppliers. The PetQuip team assists and promotes the development of international trade in the pet equipment sector, providing a catalyst for business contact between manufacturers, suppliers and buyers.