As the summer finally arrives and we are spending more time enjoying our own gardens, we wanted to let you know about new Greenfingers Charity gardens and our plans to create two more in 2017.
Thanks to your support we have already completed two new gardens this year...
At Helen & Douglas House we have created the Kaleidoscope Garden, a fully accessible garden which provides shelter from the elements. We are delighted that this garden was officially opened by Greenfingers Charity Patron,
Ann-Marie Powell last month.
We have also completely transformed the courtyard at Keech Hospice Care, Luton. This new garden was made possible due to the generosity of Homebase, who have been donating their 5p carrier bag tax to Greenfingers Charity since the levy was introduced in October 2015. The garden will be officially opened next month by the garden's designer, Adam Frost.
And we are planning more for this year...
We are currently designing a bereavement garden at the newly built Alexander Devine Children's Hospice in Maidenhead and look forward to this very special garden becoming a reality later this year.
We have also visited Andys at St Andrew's Hospice in Grimsby where we look forward to creating a wheelchair accessible therapeutic and recreational garden in the Autumn.
Creating magical, therapeutic and inspiring gardens for life-limited children, and their families, who spend time in hospices is only possible due to the generosity of our supporters - thank you!
- Kew Green Hotels have raised a fantastic £50,000 from all kinds of creative events including a 51 run challenge, treks, cake sales, raffles and much more.
- A huge thank you to Homebase, British Garden Centres, Hillview, Haskins and Squire's Garden Centres for donating their 5p carrier bag tax.
- GIMA Golf and Activity Day took place earlier this month, raising funds for Greenfingers Charity. We look forward to finding out how much was raised shortly.
- New and old Greenfingers Charity Ambassadors who work hard to support our work came together at the HTA National Plant Show to share ideas and plans for the future.
- Daredevil Conna Powles, Buying Director at Haskins Garden Centres, has so far raised a whopping £3679.69 ahead of her wing-walk on a Stearman bi-plane on 2nd July.
- Mr and Mrs Livesey's exclusive Garden Party at Orchard House was enjoyed by over 40 guests and raised £1500.
- We are very grateful to the Garden Centre Association, who earlier this year raised a magnificent £30,000 for Greenfingers Charity.
- Thanks to all those who took part in Garden Re-Leaf Day this year. We will be announcing the final amount raised soon.