This well established grower of top quality wholesale plants destined for the garden centre market are seeking a Wholesale Nursery General/Dispatch Manager for their busy commercial nursery who will be involved in day to day general operations as well as running their busy Dispatch department.
The role will be to:
- Ensure health and safety is managed in accordance with company policy.
- Assist Directors to develop health and safety policy taking into account any legislation changes.
- To ensure company fire policy is maintained and carried out.
- Set standards of work and productivity for all staff by leading by example.
- To assist Directors in developing staff to maximise potential, setting employee goals and objectives.
- To assist Directors to monitor and deal with staff performance identifying any training needs.
- Delegate work duties to direct reporting staff ensuring the overall business objectives are met.
- To ensure dispatch unit is managed accordingly within agreed budgets.
- Ensure all new staff have the appropriate induction training in accordance with company policy.
- Consistently identify areas for improvements in productivity, cost reduction and quality and feedback to the Directors.
- To attend meetings with Directors when required.
- To appraise staff as required.
- Ensure security of sites in non-working hours.
- To liaise with Sales department ensuring the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- To assist Directors to ensure company vehicles are serviced regularly and relevant paperwork is kept up to date.
- To communicate to all staff levels - Company policy and procedures, staff changes, company's future plans, management's satisfaction and dissatisfaction. Feedback staff comments and concerns, ensuring that they are given a satisfactory response in a timely manner.
- To ensure that grievance procedures are carried out as laid down in the company policy.
- Together with Directors plan staff requirements to be able to manage any fluctuations in trade throughout the year.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the company.
The ideal candidates must have:
- Experience working in a commercial nursery.
- Have good plant knowledge and training in horticulture or a passion and drive to work in this sector.
- Must hold UK driving licence or equivalent.
- Good organisational and supervisory skills.
- Flexible and motivated
- Ability to work under pressure at peak periods.