Our client is a first class producer of choice bedding plants who is seeking an experienced Buyer from either commercial or retail horticulture who can join their team buying a wide range of nursery stock to fulfil the needs of one of their major retail clients. They are actively seeking a Buyer to strengthen the buying operation, this can be office or home based but you must be able to work under pressure whilst always focusing on supplier cost, quality and timing of delivery to ensure department Key Performance Indicators are achieved. Their main client is a progressive and ambitious retailer who is continually expanding so this role has the opportunity to grow long term.
- Source and purchase products to meet customer requirements whilst ensuring company profitability is achieved and budgeted costs are met.
- Working with a wide range of suppliers across UK, Europe and own production nurseries, to develop and use best practice supply chain techniques to optimise efficiency.
- Manage inventory levels within company guidelines to ensure optimum customer service.
- Work closely with the Sales and Logistics department to ensuring stock availability, minimise wastage, and maximise efficiency through the supply chain.
- Visits to suppliers, trade shows as and when required.
For this role they are seeking someone:
- Knowledge of modern Purchase/Supply Techniques / experience in buying plants.
- Good plant knowledge will be a distinct advantage as well as knowledge of key suppliers.
- Good commercial awareness
- Experience of driving cost savings and/or efficiency improvements within the supply chain.
- A self-motivated individual with good time management skills who can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Competitive salary is available for the successful applicant.