The ideal role for somebody who is keen to be one of our plant experts but doesn’t yet have much practical experience or in-depth knowledge. Learn on the job alongside an extremely knowledgeable and award winning team.
Our plant area team has helped them win numerous awards including Greatest Plant Retailing team (Greatest Awards 2017) and 2nd place in the Ruxley Rose Plant Area awards 2018. You will be working outside or in greenhouses – moving and displaying plants, plant care and maintenance and of course delivering great customer service.
- You will be trained to undertake daily watering and stocking up of the outdoor plant areas
- You will learn how to effectively merchandise plants, to encourage sales
- You will learn how to answer customer queries, and build up your plant knowledge by learning from the rest of the team and by working in different departments
- You will be given the chance to work across our plant area teams – bedding / houseplants / outdoor – to learn as much as possible, and to see where your skills lie
- When needed you will assist in other areas of the business including our nursery production team
- You’ll have a passion for plants and are keen to learn
- You can follow instructions and complete tasks effectively within a set time frame
- You are enthusiastic about plants and have grown plants in your house or garden
- A horticultural qualification would be helpful, but is not essential
- Good communication skills - essential
- You’ll need to work five days a week, including one day at the weekend