An exciting opportunity for two Trainee Growers has arisen in our Wholesale Nursery at Ampfield, near Romsey. The successful candidates will receive full training which will put them in great standing for a future career in horticulture.
39 hours per week but during the peak Spring period additional hours may be required to meet business demands,and occasional weekends to assist with irrigation on a rota.
What we offer:
- A fantastic career opportunity within the horticulture industry.
- Training and progression within a large, well-established, efficient and highly regarded nursery.
- Internal training in core skills across four modules: Nutrition, Pest & Disease, Irrigation, Biology/Physiology/Terminology.
- Understanding of crop husbandry, plant specifications, managing customer crop requirements, managing a small team.
- Learn how to use internal supply chain systems and process.
If you are currently studying, we will consider allowing time to continue your studies.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be qualified or studying towards a relevant horticultural qualification.
- Have passion and a willingness to learn about horticulture.
- Possess self-motivation and drive.
- A proactive approach to working in a demanding environment.
- Prepared to work outside in all weather conditions.
This role will require regular lifting and moving of heavy or bulky items, and therefore applicants should consider this before applying.