Main Job Purpose: - Working within the despatch team to ensure customer orders are supplied to the required quality and quantity by agreed deadlines.
Main Duties & responsibilities:-
- Selection of plant stock from nursery beds, growing tunnels and traded batches to meet specific customer requirements.
- Packing stock in a cost effective manner.
- Maintaining paperwork to ensure accurate inventory control.
- Loading and unloading of Lorries as needed.
- Assisting with cultural care of plant stock within Despatch/Goods Inwards.
- Strong plant knowledge.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, and in a team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and manage workload in a cooperative and sometimes demanding environment.
- A self-motivated individual who can work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- A positive attitude and open minded flexible approach.
- Counterbalance Forklift License an advantage
- This is a physical role working outside in all weathers.
- Normal working hours are 39 per week. Overtime is required to ensure delivery schedules are met.
- Salary dependant on experience.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.