- Responsible for the financial management of the shop, this includes assisting in the preparation and management of the budgets and analysing weekly sales performance and financial reports.
- Responsible for the ordering of products as per seasonal requirements, liaising with suppliers and buyers accordingly.
- Responsible for merchandising to maximise sales opportunities, promoting stock in key areas as and when required.
- Responsible for stock management within the shop. To include monitoring wastage and discounting to achieve acceptable margins.
- Coordinating general assistants to ensure all areas are effectively maintained and merchandised as per company guidelines.
- Promoting the Hillier values, leading by example, foster an honest and open environment where all staff feel able to contribute and communicate.
- Running meetings with staff to update and inform key information (promotions, targets, management messages etc.) as necessary.
- Identifying and coordinating staff development.
- Ensuring that all staff adhere to Health & Safety law and make any adjustments necessary to comply. Creating and maintaining a safe working environment for staff and customers and visitors to site ensuring the compliance with Hillier Health and Safety policy.