Chepstow Garden Centre, an independent family run centre, is looking for a candidate to be part of a vibrant team with a commitment to great customer service. This is a full-time role, working alternate weekends with a day off during the week. We offer a competitive salary, staff discount after 3 months, pension after 3 months, staff uniform, free parking and profit share bonus.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Financial, stock and budget management within the shop.
- Analysing both product and employee performance.
- Ordering of products as per seasonal requirements, liaising with suppliers and buyers accordingly.
- Maximising sales opportunities, promoting stock in key areas as and when required.
- Planning the store layout and seasonal changes.
- Identify and coordinate staff development in conjunction with the garden Centre Manager.
- Conduct regular appraisals of all staff, encouraging performance feedback
- Run meetings with staff to update and inform key information (promotions, targets, management messages etc.) as necessary.
- Over see department heads within the shop including Giftware, Tills and Leisure departments and activity coordinating these departments.
- Relevant industry experience
- An understanding of budgetary control with a commercial approach
- A proactive personality in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Flexible and positive attitude towards work.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Be able to work to and achieve tight deadlines