This family business, based in Norfolk, is one of the largest Hardy Nursery Stock growers in the UK, supplying leading garden retailers throughout the country. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Sales Representative to cover the UK.
The role includes:
- Managing an existing customer base as well as looking for new business opportunities.
- Regular contact with customers both in person and on the phone to drive sales.
- Developing a good understanding of sales order processing systems.
- Negotiating ranges and setting annual spend targets with garden centres.
- Document a weekly report of performance, results and future objectives.
- Representing the business at trade events.
- Report back competitor activity and industry trends.
- Responsible for producing visit schedules and journey plans.
Skill & Attributes:
- Good organisation skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Good IT skills and experience of working with bespoke software packages.
- A passion for plants
- A combination of field and office based selling at their Head Office in Norfolk. Horticultural sales experience would be an advantage, but other relevant experience would be considered.
Ideally based no more than one hour's drive from the nursery; however this role requires travelling across the UK.
Competitive salary dependent on experience, company car and pension.