There are four primary objectives of the role:
- To deliver the sales budget and implementation plan for the Garden Centre Sector in your defined area, driving a step-change in performance in terms of sustainable, profitable business growth and retail space share gains.
- To manage the Field Sales Team in your defined area, promoting ‘best practice’ through the use of analytics in order to fully optimise our current & future sales resource.
- To maintain consistently high brand standards across all trade and consumer touchpoints within new and existing customers, by ensuring merchandising compliance.
- Working with the Channel Manager in defining the future field sales strategy, identifying the appropriate sales model and best route to market required in order to support our future growths objectives.
Key accountabilities for this position will include:
Sales Performance – Sustainable Profitable Growth
- To maximise sales performance from your defined sales areas, achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets in line with the set budget objectives.
- Effective performance management for your areas’ agent sales team. Identifying growth opportunities, using best practice leverage and team leaderboard dynamics to deliver profitable and sustainable sales growth. Apply performance management techniques to address underperformers.
- Measurement and control of sales areas that provide regional geographical coverage, ensuring strong brand distribution, minimal customer churn and driving a focus on customer prioritisation across key, development and maintenance accounts.
- To increase profitability through effective use of PMR principles by driving positive product and customer mix improvement, and where appropriate by taking a leadership role in developing key destination store locations.
- To be highly visible and present in the field through joint working, to gain trade, competitor and consumer insights in support of identifying profitable new business opportunities, and to understand the strengths & weaknesses within our go to market capability.
- Where possible, apply the principles of Category Management and carry out regular product analysis. Use Cat. Man. to drive business decisions on ranging, price position and gap analysis in support of share gains.
- Pro-actively challenge terms demands / A&P commitments within customer accounts to ensure a greater return on investment, to focus funds on driving sell out and improving the consumer purchase process.
- Will become an integral member of the Channel Sales Team, making a significant contribution to the overall development of the sales function. Will be a positive influence within the Company in support of improved engagement and building on the strengths of the Brand.
- Ideally of graduate calibre, the candidate will have extensive Sales Account Management experience, be exceptionally numerate and have a high level of commercial acumen.
- Has a proven track record in Sales Team Management, an engaging leader, comfortable in coaching & mentoring techniques, able to develop future talent for the company.
- Has the ability to take personal leadership as a business and people manager to pro-actively deliver results through engaging organisational teams to work cross functionally.
- The successful candidates will possess and be able to demonstrate exceptional negotiation, analytical, decision-making and relationship building skills.
- Candidates must be highly self-motivated, demonstrate passion, be a team player with a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude and have the ability to work with pace and under pressure within tight deadlines in a competitive environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management internally and proprietor level within trade partners.
- Knowledge of the relevant market is ideal, or possess a technical aptitude to understand and convey product knowledge through business competency.
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills with high degree of competency in the use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Well organized with adherence to administration procedures. Ensuring account reports are accurate and accessible to other members of the team in your absence and allow full audit trail.