The Pot Company is a leading supplier of planters and garden features to garden centres and garden designers across the UK.
Title: Sales Assistant
Mission: As part of the sales team deal with all orders from initial enquiry to fulfilment.
Line Manager: Sales Manager
- Mission: Assist with all sales activities.
- Responsibilities as a member of the sales team (shared, as assigned by manager):
- Answering sales enquiries: phone/web/in person
- Creating and maintaining customer accounts, assisting with website logins, ensuring customers can order easily, updating contact details where required
- Loading orders and quotes onto sage
- Processing and recording payments, ensuring payments are made prior to delivery and despatch is not delayed by this.
- Loading all ILS despatches, printing labels & despatch notes, ensuring warehouse have these and consignments are confirmed.
- Printing price labels for wholesale customers
- Liaison with suppliers
- Liaison with shippers
- Sage stock admin, physical stock checks in warehouse, liaising with warehouse
- Dealing with customer damages, filing in damages spreadsheet, working with accounts to ensure credits are processed where necessary.
- Cover other sales team’s tasks in case of absence.
- Maintenance and development of the company website
- Assist with marketing tasks when required.
Ad hoc responsibilities:
- General office jobs – IT issues, checking post, ordering supplies, banking.
Education and Qualifications
- GCSE Maths and English
- Customer Service Certificate.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Good telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- IT literate with experience in Microsoft Office.
- 2 Years experience in a sales role.