ABOUT THE ROLE
To run our Furniture and Christmas Department it is essential that you are passionate about direct selling to the customer and a creative individual with a flair for display, and have the ability to ensure the store is presented and merchandised in a dynamic, inviting style.
As a department head you can make a real difference from day one as you will be involved in driving sales and maximising profits, creating stunning and inspirational visual displays, managing stock levels and motivating and developing your team.
It takes a lot of hard work to be a department head with Blue Diamond so you will need to be dynamic, positive and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. You'll also need to be able to prioritise your workload, work under pressure and display a "can do" attitude at all times.
To be successful as a retail manager in Furniture and Christmas you will:
- have the ability to achieve results by effectively leading, and motivating your team to ensure they perform to their best and provide outstanding customer service.
- be able to perform under pressure and operate in a fast pace environment.
- have the ability to create an exciting and inspiring environment for customers and team, using your visual merchandising skills and commercial awareness.
- implement considered changes to maximise the stores potential, working with the centre manager to optimise profit.
- have good IT skills and be competent using our weekly sales and profit reports to effectively optimise sales and manage stock.
- ensure store standards are maintained and floor layout meets the company guidelines