Reporting to the General Manager the role takes operational responsibility for the following:
- All day to day department operations, managing a team of General Assistants, setting and monitoring short and medium term business objectives and overseeing customer service and overall department standards.
- Control stock package and layout in order to maximise sales, ensuring a seasonal product offer remains commercially attractive and that the range of indoor and outdoor plants and sundries are well maintained, well merchandised and relevant to what is a knowledgeable and discerning customer base.
- On-site Duty Management on an ad-hoc basis.
Interested applicants will have:
- A depth of management experience within retail combined with a decent understanding of horticultural products.
- A passion for gardening and all things garden related.
- Applications are invited from a broad range of retail sectors; Garden Centres and Nurseries, Supermarkets, DIY Stores, Out of Town General Merchandise businesses or any other retail operation where good standards and good service are paramount. Ultimately this role will appeal to individuals who want to broaden their knowledge and work for a household name in the Garden Centre business