We are currently seeking a plant area manager to join the management team here at Davids and play a “hands-on” role in delivering excellent service to our customers. You will be providing advice and insight to customers, from novice gardeners to seasoned garden folk. This is a busy role and expectations include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the store manager & management team in all aspects of the garden centre’s day to day operations.
- Key holder & duty manager responsibilities on a rota basis.
- The daily running of the plant area, enabling the staff to inspire, educate and equip customers.
- Keeping the plant area impeccably tidy at all times, ensuring point of sale is in place and presentation is perfect.
- Ensuring the department operates within current Health & Safety legislation.
- Working outside in all weathers.
- Being responsible for cash management and other administrative tasks.
- Undertaking any other duties as required.
This is a permanent full time position including weekends on a rota basis.
To apply, you must be a “hands- on” person with natural leadership qualities and have excellent gardening/plant knowledge. Ideally you will have experience and a passion for delivering great customer service.