Imagine an island life surrounded by sandy beaches where surfing and kayaking are part of many people’s life, 14 miles from France – arguably the sunniest place in the British Isles. Jersey a self-governed paradise where the garden plants range from the well-known to more exotic with possibilities in line with Tresco, Heligan, Abbotsbury and more. Our client is simply a busy garden centre selling great plants on a fabulous Island.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join the Plantarea Team in helping and advising customers choose the right plants, buildings, paving and accessories for their gardens.
This is a full-time permanent position based on a 37.5 hour week over 5 days. Applicants will have very good plant and plant care knowledge as well as previous retail experience and will either have previously held a Supervisory or Team Leader position or feel they are ready to take the next step on their career by moving into a Supervisory role. They will be friendly, outgoing and enjoy working with the public as well as being physically fit as the position will involve working outside in all weathers looking after and re-displaying the stock. Excellent spoken & written English are essential.
- Increasing Sales
- Face to Face Selling
- Following up Customer Enquiries
- Ensure area is well stocked either from replenishing from the stores area or working with the Department Manager to ensure the right levels of stock are being purchased to meet demand
- Placing orders with Suppliers under the direction of the Department Manager
- Getting the “right” range by working with the Department Manager and passing on Customer feedback and their own suggestions on which products are working, not working or missing
- Presentation, Merchandising, appropriate signage and accurate pricing
- Utilise targeted Promo’s, Discounts and Linked/Companion Products along with producing the appropriate signage and using display techniques to increase sales
- Ensure all products are clearly priced and to ensure any system price updates are reflected on the plant area price labelling in a timely manner
- Ensure stock accuracy and tackle causes of stock balance errors
- Ensure correct stock rotation procedures are in place to avoid wastage due to “out of date” stock.
- Reduction of “waste” and its accurate & timely recording
- Minimise “own use” and its accurate & timely recording
- Stock counting program & accuracy
- To deputise for the Department Manager in their absence
If this Plantarea Supervisor vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sara Yassin on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Plantarea Supervisor vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Plantarea Supervisor vacancy will have been unsuccessful.