The Hertfordshire Garden Centre is a family run Independent garden centre based just outside the villages of Redbourn and Harpenden. We are expanding and growing rapidly.
Our mission is to provide excellent quality grown plants and gardening products to the neighbouring community and beyond. We pride ourselves in giving our customers a great experience whether this is in the shop, plantarea or restaurant.
We are currently seeking a Plantarea Manager with a good level of expertise that is essential for the role.
You will have the retail vision and a passion for horticulture to take our business forward to the next level.
The Plantarea Manager must have a commercial awareness of the retail environment with a strong knowledge of horticulture.
You will have a sound understanding of visual merchandising and can provide inspirational displays.
You must have the knowledge and understanding of gardening and how plants are best suited to the garden. You must be able to inspire our customers, helping them to achieve the garden they dream of.
The Plantarea Manager must be able to interact effectively with different types of people including suppliers, team members and customers.
Strong buying and negotiating skills are essential for sourcing new plant products. Keeping track of all stock and maintaining the balance within the profit and loss margins.
- Being at the forefront of ordering products as per seasonal requirements
- Have excellent knowledge of plants, plant care and maintenance
- Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of the Plantarea
- Be meticulous to the detail in terms of product placement, standards, presentation, visual elevation and the overall look and feel of the garden centre
- Managing merchandising in order to maximise sales opportunities
- Responsible for the financial management of the Plantarea
- Lead and always promote the highest standards of customer care and service
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Sound knowledge of plants with the ability to share this with colleagues and customers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use good judgement in confidential matters that may arise
- • Three-to-five years’ experience in a similar setting would be necessary.
- • RHS level 2 or level 3 diploma in horticulture would be essential
If you like the sound of making a positive contribution to growing our business and helping employees to maximise to their full potential, then we would like to hear from you.
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30k D.O.E