Our client is a busy modern independent garden centre with a superb café and wide range of products, that along with their excellent customer service attracts a loyal base of customers. They have a great plantarea and it is for this that they are looking for a strong plant retailer, to be their Plantarea Horticultural Manager who is looking to work in a busy vibrant department where they can chose, purchase and merchandise their stock so they can offer their customers a fantastic customer experience.
- Purchasing of plants ensuring the department is kept well stocked at all times.
- Merchandising and displaying the plants to create an attractive experience for customers.
- Leading and motivating a small dedicated team of staff.
- Delivering excellent customer sales and service.
- Looking for areas of improvement in achieving sales targets.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A good horticultural background and able to demonstrate a wide plant knowledge.
- A willingness and desire to be the best!
- Plant retailing experience
- The ability to merchandise to high standards.
- Good supervisory skills and the ability to talk to customers and advise them on their purchases.