We have an exciting opportunity available with this Worcestershire based retail nursery. It is a chance to really apply your skills in horticulture leading both the commercial production and retail plant department.
They are looking for an experienced plant retailer who also has experience in commercial production. You will manage a small plants team, who pride themselves on high standards of plant care and their specialist advice which gives a world-class customer experience.
As the Plant Departmental Manager you will work to ensure, stock availability through either our client's own in house Production team or through external purchasing.
Your focus will always be on the customer and meeting their expectations, but you will also have responsibility for driving sales and profitability. You will become a key part of the management team - so you will have a real sense of ownership and empowerment!
The ideal plant department manager will have:
- First and foremost, have an enthusiastic personality with an ability to easily engage with colleagues and customers.
- Have excellent knowledge of commercial production (bedding and perennials), plant care and maintenance. You must be able to evidence your experience of commercial growing.
- Have the commercial knowledge of plant purchasing through the seasons.
- Have an ability to manage and develop a team.
- Be artistic in approach of product placement, presentation, visual elevation and overall look and feel of the plant display area.
- Be meticulous to the detail in terms of standards.
- Be able to manage multiple customer and supplier streams at once ie: allotment enquires, wholesale enquires, retail enquires and production enquires.
- Being a self-starter and overcome obstacles quickly.
- Act as Duty Manager in the General Manager's absence, this will mean having the flexibility to work shifts 5 out of 7 days.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Horticultural experience in growing production
- Experience as a retail plant area manager - or equivalent
- Knowledge of plant wholesale
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 40 hours per week.
As well as a rewarding career with the freedom to make a difference, you can expect a competitive salary, attractive staff discount and paid holidays.