Our client has a family run business which has grown considerably in recent years, increasing its customer base! A popular "destination centre" with customers from far and wide. They strive to continuously meet the expectations and demands that are required to keep our homes and gardens glorious all year round and have a passion to deliver unrivaled customer experience, introducing new product lines and with an award winning restaurant.
They are currently seeking a Plant Buyer who will be joining at an exciting time with the recent expansion to the business taking the appointment to regional level.
Duties and responsibilities would include the following:
- Purchasing of all plant stock and negotiating with new and existing suppliers UK and abroad
- To optimise the performance of the buying function through existing supply base evaluation
- To ensure the buying process is robust and performance is on target
- Creating and issuing weekly and monthly reports to assist decision making guiding the plant teams
- Creating and delivering innovative plants displays throughout the year
- Analyzing sales and taking appropriate action
- Keeping up to date with market trends and fashion in retailing
- The successful candidate will also perform the role of area plant manager and will be expected to manage and advise the horticultural teams including leading group meetings and development of teams
- Weekly visits to the other branches in order to update and support the team
- Providing outstanding levels of customer sales and service
- Duty Manager as and when required
The appointed person will have strong negotiating skills, excellent plant knowledge with the ability to develop supplier relationships and to drive product development in return for a challenging and rewarding career, offering a rewarding salary that will be commensurate with experience.