Perrywood has won numerous awards including Best Plant Area in the region and 2nd Best Plant Area in the UK (Garden Centre Association Awards 2018).
They are looking for someone who can combine an impressive knowledge of plants and gardening with excellent customer service skills. You will mostly be working outside – moving and displaying plants, plant care & maintenance and of course delivering great customer service.
- You will undertake daily watering and stocking up of the outdoor plant areas
- You will create dynamic displays, which encourage customer sales
- You will confidently answer customer queries, and be knowledgeable about planting combinations and looking after plants
- When needed you will assist in other areas of the business, including working on the till, and nursery production
- You’ll have a passion for plants. You must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment, be commercially aware and understand how to care for plants in a retail environment
- You understand what makes a high quality shopping experience for your customers
- You are creative, and know effective planting combinations
- Horticultural experience essential, whether that’s in the form of a relevant qualification and/or experience of working in a garden centre, plant retail or a similar environment
- Good plant knowledge - essential
- Good customer service & communication skills - essential
- You’ll need to work five days a week, including one day at the weekend
- You’ll need to work some bank holidays (as part of a rota with other assistants), but will be given a day’s holiday in lieu and paid time and a half
For further information or to send your CV please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.