Our client is seeking an Operations Manager with a background in grounds maintenance, landscaping or environmental services to assist the Head of Operations Manager in the management of the Environmental Services teams based geographically within the areas of Hertfordshire and North London/Thames.
The successful candidate will be responsible for scheduling and monitoring of various activities of work, conducting review meetings with multiple client teams and leading on health and safety monitoring/compliance.
The teams will be working on various activities consisting of grounds/vegetation maintenance, pest control, arboricultural activities and weed cutting works.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Operations (Environmental Services) on a regular basis by attendance of meetings and reporting on financials of the department of the business.
Ensuring teams are maintaining and utilising equipment/machinery correctly within the use of their activities.
You will need to have experience within the industry/activities of services the group demonstrates to its clients.
Principal accountabilities and responsibilities:
- To provide onsite guidance and assistance to the Environmental Services teams throughout the operating area of the business.
- Working with the Head of Operations to ensure compliance with Health and Safety, Human Resources and general company policies and procedures throughout the Company.
- Overseeing the development of Team Leaders and Operatives and to hold their reviews in conjunction with company policy.
- Working with the Environmental Services budget to ensure targets are on course to be met and achieved and expenditure is within budget.
- To carry out on site safety auditing against ISO and OHSAS 18001 standards and carry out post works quality audits to ensure compliance with quotations submitted and in accordance with the client's standards. Reporting of regular KPM's.
- Provide expertise and technical advice to the Bid Writer with technical knowledge and pricing skills on additional working tenders/quotations within the area.
- Provide expertise and ideas to attract new business and promotion of the department.
- Ensuring knowledge of current industry best practice and all associated knowledge is maintained at an excellent level by attendance at events/seminars and training.
- Regular liaison with clients to continue to maintain and build new/existing relationships.
- You will need to be prepared to attend any 24/7 emergency call outs or respond accordingly.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, particularly Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Project.
- Driving Licence
- IOSH desirable
- ROLO/CSCS desirable
- Qualifications and or/experience of horticultural/environmental disciplines.
- Knowledge of maintaining/usage of correct machinery/equipment.
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with clients.