We have a fabulous opportunity for a nursery worker to join our Broadmead Tree Nursery team, but please be aware that due to the nature of our business you will be working outside in all weather conditions (protective clothing provided).
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A keen interest in horticulture.
- Self motivation and drive.
- The ability to work as part of a busy team and on their own initiative.
- A positive personality in a demanding environment.
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions.
The position will involve:
- Manual lifting.
- Lifting and preparing trees and plants for customer orders.
- General nursery maintenance and any other associated tasks.
- Physically demanding work at times.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an interest in the horticultural industry
- Be able to adapt well to the diversity of this role.
- Be able to work well on your own as well as part of an established team.
What we offer:
- Auto enrolment pension after three months.
- Free membership to the Sir Harold Hillier Gardens after three months.
- Free Parking.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- 31 days pro-rata annual leave.
- 20% staff discount at our garden centres after three months.