Our client is a leading nursery stock producer who are seeking a Nursery Technical Assistant to assist their Nursery Managers in technical production of crops and all aspects of nursery stock across all their sites. To help in ISO quality and environmental management, Health & Safety management and crop production, planning and record keeping. This involves work outside and office based projects, along with technical research, production of stock information as required by other internal departments and customers.
Roles & Duties:
- Undertake duties which require specific skills if trained to do so, to include but not limited to;
- Pesticide applications, vehicle operations, water treatment, pest control, irrigation procedures, plant handling and storage, performing tests and recording of results.
- Learn within your own processes plant recognition, quality observance, plant health, sizing requirements, working systems and production outputs as required.
- Respect and follow stock control systems in place to provide accurate figures within the system.
- Prepare, handle and process plants for despatch within the guidelines given.
- Manage, mentor, train and supervise others - depending on your role.
- Help the Company to protect the health of yourself and others.
- Be prepared to transfer and assist all other parts of the business as required.
- Observe the company's health & safety policies and safe working practices.
- Work in a way that respects and protects the environment in line with ISO14001:2015.
- Embrace ISO9001:2015 procedures designed to improve the company's quality standards.
- Comply with the company employment terms and conditions and all other company policies.
- Treat all company property with respect and help to protect these valuable resources which include but not limited to buildings, machinery, vehicles, equipment, stock or materials.
- Respect all site equipment and security.
For this role they are seeking a graduate with a land or biological based degree who is keen to look at building their career within the horticultural sector.