Our client's business is an award winning, environmentally aware company employing over 150 staff. Based in Hampshire and commutable from Bournemouth, Southampton, Winchester and surrounding areas.
They use established lean manufacturing principles and innovative growing technology and are the UK's largest producer of indoor ornamental pot plants and supply over 8 million plants to major retailers including M&S, Sainsburys, Tesco and Waitrose every year.
The role we are looking to fulfil is an 'outward facing' one with responsibility for representing all the technical and quality aspects of our client's business with their retail customers and suppliers. This will involve extensive travel to growers, breeders and trade fairs, both within the UK and elsewhere in Europe.
- Primary technical contact for all retail accounts.
- Managing and reporting customer KPI's and complaints.
- Resolving any technical product issues / crisis management.
- Hosting customers on and off site.
- Conducting grower visits for traded plants to assess crops.
- Manage grower's accreditations including Sedex and MPS GAP.
- Provide technical input into product development.
- Support the Quality Manager with on-site audits including ETI, BOPP and TOPS.
- Be an ambassador for the business at all times.
What we are looking for:
A high-level qualification in commercial horticulture or a science related subject.
- Similar technical role (essential)
- Excellent people skills (essential)
- Networking skills (essential)
- Technical knowledge of similar products (desirable)
- Working with retailers (desirable)
- Audit experience (desirable)
- Handling and analysing customer complaints (desirable)
- Current driving licence (essential)
- 4% employer's pension contribution
- Health Shield insurance cover
- A friendly working environment.
- An Investors In People GOLD employer