Job Type: Agriculture Selling - Non Management
Region: South East England
Preferred Hours: Full Time
Partnership Level: 10
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 39 hours per week
Earliest start 08:00 and latest finish 18:00 with alternate weekends.
Duties & Responsibilities
--- About the Estate ---
The Leckford Estate was purchased by John Spedan Lewis, the founder of the John Lewis Partnership, in 1929. The estate is 1,600 hectares in size and is split down the middle, north to south, by the River Test, famous as the home of fly-fishing.
The estate is organised around four business units, supported by the estate office team:
Farming – with arable, dairy, beef, orchard and vineyard enterprises
Food Processing – encompassing a Mushroom Farm, Processing Dairy and an Oilseed Processing Unit
Retail, Leisure and Events – including a Farm Shop, Café, Nursery, Fishing and Golf
As Nursery & Landscaping Specialist your main function is to support the management of the Nursery and landscape business as a part of the Nursery and Landscaping teams.
The Nursery has great potential for growth and is ready to evolve to a more profitable business model. Longer opening hours and the new farm-shop are seeing increasing footfall to the site and this will need planning and management.
Active involvement in the strategic development of both areas, the Nursery and Landscaping teams, led by the Nursery and Landscaping Manager will be tasked to deliver significant growth in both areas.
Main activities include:
- Retail Nursery operations
- Landscaping Operations; Garden Visits and advice, Designs, Costings, quotations and practical completion of hard and soft landscaping projects, Planting Services
- Compliance with procedures and standards
- Customer Service
- Stock, inventory and waste management, Goods Inwards, merchandising and display of all stock
- Collaborate on events in Longstock Park (Plant Fairs, Food Fares, Plant Heritage events etc.)
- Required essential experience skills and qualifications
- Certificate in Horticulture or equivalent
- Retail Horticultural Experience in a Plant based role
- Practical experience of Landscaping Business/operations
- Required desirable experience skills and qualifications
- RHS approved qualifications
- Retail Horticultural experience
- Practical experience of Landscaping business