The Leisure and Outdoor Furniture Association (LOFA) is looking for an experienced and talented Marketing Manager seeking the next step to advance their career.
Working as part of the core team, the role of Marketing Manager is, primarily, to create and implement a marketing plan, developing tactical campaigns to support sales, strategic and operational goals using an omnichannel approach across websites, social media, email marketing, third-party partners, online advertising and analytics platforms.
Working as part of a core team, reporting directly to the Chairman and co-directors.
Experience with Garden and Outdoor or related market preferred.
First point of contact for all LOFA office duties including:
- Daily administration of the association.
- Preparation of budget/annual audit.
- Maintenance and management of the company’s web and social media activity; following trends and posting content of interest to followers, customers and prospects, with the objective of generating new leads and engagement; monitoring and reporting on activity to identify changes and new opportunities.
- Manage the maintenance of the company website and Customer Support Hub, ensuring all content is accurate, up to date and in line with the company brand guidelines.
- Manage the implementation of SEO strategies across multiple channels, monitoring digital activity using Google Analytics etc, making recommendations where necessary.
- Research topics and write content for the company’s website and other publications, including customer case studies and topical blogs.
- Market, promote and manage LOFA projects.
- Assist member companies with marketing campaigns as designated
- Organise events run or attended by LOFA, e.g. annual user conference, exhibitions, seminars etc.
- Promote Solex exhibition, including full control of P&L.
- Monitor the annual round of small business/marketing/SaaS/IT business awards, looking for opportunities to promote LOFA and provide support in the application process.
- Assist with the collation and evaluation of customer and market research, analysing market conditions and competitor data and ensuring brand reputation, quality and integrity is maintained, reporting on changes.
- Keep up to date with international current affairs, marketing and business trends, identifying new technologies and opportunities to keep the company at the forefront of developments in marketing, especially those affecting data security environment. e.g. GDPR.
Skills, Attributes & Experience
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to write, edit and repurpose engaging content for digital publication (in English)
- Analytical mindset to assess internal and external data and conditions, making recommendations where necessary
- An eye for detail to ensure a high standard of accuracy across all communications
- Proactive, confident and self-motivated with a positive team ethic
- Well organised with a real commitment to quality customer service
- A solid understanding and experience of managing web and social media channels
- Experience of implementing SEO strategies across multiple channels and monitoring digital activity using the Google suite
- Educated to a high standard, ideally with a degree in business management or marketing
- IT literate, with experience in using Microsoft Office and other business systems, including a good working knowledge of Excel to create spreadsheets for data analysis
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a marketing position, preferably in the Garden Market (ideally B2B) with use of digital marketing competences on a regular basis
Competitive salary, company provided communications, company bonus scheme, workplace pension scheme.
Leaders in the outdoor furniture and barbecue industry
Representing the best in design and innovation in outdoor and garden furniture, our members offer products made from hardwood, softwood, woven materials, aluminium, cast iron, tubular metal and resin. Members who show the LOFA symbol will provide quality products and service, in accordance with the LOFA Code of Practice. Membership is open to companies who manufacture or distribute garden furniture, barbecues, outdoor play equipment and outdoor living products.
Despite its market presence, LOFA is very small association. The company style is relaxed and empowering and this, combined with a first-class reputation for customer service and an ambitious growth programme, provides a great working environment with opportunities for personal development.
How to Apply
A full job description and person specification may be viewed on the LOFA website www.lofa.co.uk/opportunities
If you feel you’re suitable for this new role, please send or email your CV and a full covering letter detailing your experience and suitability for the position
FAO Richard Plowman
LOFA, 1b Lancer House,