Our client has a family run business which has grown considerably in recent years with an ever increasing customer base, now a popular destination Garden Centre with customers from far and wide.
Striving to build a successful business by developing the business and building on its accomplishments.
We now have an exciting role for Horticultural/ Plant Buyer for a dynamic individual who is able to work with the business and develop further this key area!
Duties and responsibilities would include the following:
- Purchasing of all plant stock and negotiating with new and existing suppliers UK and abroad
- To optimise the performance of the buying function through existing supply base evaluation
- Creating and delivering innovative plants displays throughout the year
- Analyzing sales and taking appropriate action
- Keeping up to date with market trends and fashion in retailing
- As Plant Manager and will be expected to manage the department and the staff within it
- Providing outstanding levels of customer sales and service
- Duty Manager as and when required
- Established plant manager
- Excellent buying skills
- Able to lead and motivate a team
- First class merchandising
- Top customer service ability
- Strong horticultural ability