Thetford Garden Centre is a long-established independent family business, continually evolving and striving for impeccable retail standards.
A strong, enthusiastic and experienced General Manager is required to manage all aspects of the day-to-day running of the store with a primary focus on achieving sales targets and motivating the large team.
Applicants must have experience in retail and personnel management, have a positive attitude, excellent communication skills and know how to get the best from a team.
- To drive the sales and profitability of the business, overseeing the trading performance and taking immediate action where necessary to achieve targets
- To manage the retail team to achieve targets, managing individuals performance to achieve KPIs
- To promote the companies values and brand ensuring set retailing standards are maintained at all times
- To lead by example and foster an honest and open environment to ensure a positive, motivated culture
- To work with the management team to regularly analyse stock & sales to identify underperformance and improvement opportunities
- To understand in depth the complexities of each department, including a very busy restaurant, to ensure effective management at all times
42 hours per week to include bank holidays and alternate weekends with a set day off in the week
Competitive salary, 28 days holiday, pension scheme, staff discount.