A long established, yet still rapidly growing supplier of products to the gardening and landscape sectors are looking to recruit a General Manager to oversee the day to day running of the business and continue its growth.
The ideal candidate will ideally have experience in the following areas:
- Senior management, possibly in the gardening or landscape sectors
- Customer Service
- Business planning and forecasting
- Inventory management
- Dealing with overseas suppliers
- Effective communication
- Basic financials
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Co-ordination and supervision of Sales & Marketing teams, with a focus on ensuring leads are developed and converted.
- Co-ordination of Warehouse and Logistics teams, ensuring that orders are despatched and delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaising with finance teams, ensuring accounts are accurate, ensuring credit accounts are settled on time and suppliers paid as required. Invoicing of all despatched orders.
- General staff management: Ensuring all staff have contracts and job descriptions, co-ordinating rotas and holiday, monitoring Health & Safety procedures, implementing appraisal/disciplinary procedures as required
- Daily liaison/reporting directly to company directors
- Appraisal of all business procedures and strategies, adjusting as required
- Undertaking daily activities where staff are stretched, (such as sales)
- Monitoring sales and therefore inventory requirements
- Dealing directly with suppliers from around the world, with support from Directors
- Appointing and appraising both inbound and outbound shipping partners
- Cross group liaison, including aggregating deliveries where possible.
The successful candidate will first shadow the current General Manager before stepping fully into the role. The current General Manager will then take on reduced responsibilities before moving to another position within the group, allowing them to offer support during this transitional period.
About the Business
The business forms part of a large and successful group operating principally in the Home & Garden sectors. As such, there is large scope for progression. The group, established over 25 years ago, distributes nationwide from bases in Kent and Sussex.