Our client is one of the UK's largest garden centre groups. They hold a profitable, prominent position within the garden centre industry and pride themselves on their inspirational approach to retailing which gives them a creative point of difference in the market. Their centres and restaurants offer style and innovation in an aspirational environment which encourages loyalty and satisfaction from customers. Currently they are seeking a Department Head to manage their Furniture and Christmas Department at the Shropshire based centre.
To run the Outdoor Furniture and Christmas Department it is essential that you are passionate about direct selling to the customer and a creative individual with a flair for display, and have the ability to ensure the store is presented and merchandised in a dynamic and inviting style.
As a department head you can make a real difference from day one as you will be involved in driving sales and maximising profits, creating stunning and inspirational visual displays, managing stock levels and motivating and developing your team.
Detailed Person Specification:
It takes a lot of hard work to be a Department Manager so you will be dynamic, positive and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. You'll also need to be able to prioritise your workload, work under pressure and display a "can do" attitude at all times.
- You will have the ability to achieve results by effectively leading, and motivating your team to ensure they perform to their best and provide outstanding customer service.
- You can perform under pressure and operate in a fast pace environment.
- You have the ability to create an exciting and inspiring environment for customers and team, using your visual merchandising skills and commercial awareness.
- You will implement considered changes to maximise the stores potential, working with the Centre Manager to optimise profit.
- You will have good IT skills and be competent using weekly sales and profit reports to effectively optimise sales and manage stock.
- You will ensure store standards are maintained and floor layout meets the company guidelines.
If this sounds like you then please get in touch.