We are actively looking to recruit an experienced and energetic Department manager to lead our Furniture and Christmas department at Percy Thrower's Garden Centre.
As a department manager you can make a real difference from day one as you will be directly involved in driving sales and maximising profit, creating inspirational visual displays, managing stock levels and leading and developing your team. Your attention to detail and commercial acumen will ensure our AB1 customers enjoy a shopping experience with a point of difference that encourages their loyalty and satisfaction.
To be successful as a department manager you will:
- be an experienced retailer with a background in similar product categories
- be able to perform under pressure and operate in a fast pace environment
- have the ability to create an exciting and inspiring environment for customers,
- using your visual merchandising skills and commercial awareness
- have good IT skills and be competent using our weekly sales and profit reports - to effectively optimise sales and manage stock
- have the ability to achieve results by effectively leading, and motivating your
- team to ensure they perform to their best and provide outstanding customer
- ensure store standards are maintained and floor layout meets the company
As well as a competitive salary and benefits, you can also expect to receive training and further career development opportunities.
Blue Diamond Group is the 2nd largest Garden Centre Group, with 30 centres throughout the UK and in the Channel Islands and we are continuously growing. Our centres are widely regarded as some of the best in the country and we have won many retail and restaurant awards. Our extensive refurbishment programme ensures that our centres and restaurants offer style and innovation in an aspirational environment which encourages loyalty and satisfaction from our customers. We invite you to look at our website and view pictures and videos of recent developments such as East Bridgford and Redfields.
If you like the sound of a fantastic fast-growing company with a great heritage and want to make a positive contribution to a business which in return helps all employees to maximise their full potential, then we would like to hear from you!