Our client is a multi-channel / e-commerce retailer of garden plants and horticultural sundries. Routes to market are traditional mail order catalogues, advertising in the national newspapers and garden magazines, television shopping channels in the UK and Europe, social media and various websites.
Their plants are sold under their brand whose strap line is 'Rare, Unusual and Exciting' and third party brands such as The Telegraph, The Express, The Mail, BBC Gardeners World and others. Plants are packed into boxes from horticultural nurseries surrounding their site near the Pershore Horticulture College.
They are currently looking for someone to join their Plant Trading Sales & Marketing team, the successful candidate must have good horticultural knowledge and all/some of the skills below:
- Source and purchase plants
- Attend trade shows and visit suppliers.
- Plan, negotiate and purchase advertising space.
- Plan, negotiate and purchase inserts.
- Plan, negotiate and purchase door drops.
- Plan, source and place orders for print requirements.
- Work on the design, layout and margin of catalogues, flyers, inserts and advertisements.
- Write copy for catalogue flyers and advertisements.
- Plan and select data for catalogue mailings.
- Maintain and update all catalogue spreadsheets and sign off end of year results.
- Maintain and update advertising master spreadsheet.
- Proof read all advertisements and send amends to the in-house designer.
- Final proof read on all catalogues, flyers and inserts.
- Project plan new computer systems.
- Participate in web development meetings.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Consider areas of future development for the business such as new digital strategy.
- Attend strategy and possibly Directors meetings and follow through on all actions.
The person will need to live/re-locate with 30 miles of Pershore within six months of joining. Re-location expenses will be paid.