This is one of the larger wholesale ornamentals nurseries in the UK, growing a wide range of shrubs, climbing plants, herbaceous perennials, herbs, soft fruit and trees and supplying the leading garden retailers throughout the country. A job has arisen with them for an enthusiastic Crop Protection Manager - a key role within a small team of senior growers.
The role includes:
- Leading & supervising a small team of crop protection operators.
- Monitoring pests, weeds & diseases and implementing appropriate integrated pest management programmes.
- Inspecting all bought in young plants.
- Keeping up to date with legislation & developments in Crop Protection and Plant Health.
- Ensuring maintenance of equipment.
- Record keeping and legal compliance
- Hosting nursery based trials - in association with AHDB & others.
Skills, Training & Attributes:
- A genuine interest in Horticultural Agronomy is essential.
- A passion for Ornamental plants and gardening.
- A relevant qualification to Degree level would be advantageous, but not essential.
- PA1 & PA6 would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Ability to prioritise workload, liaise with growers and work to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Capable user of Windows based software - including MS Excel.
Support, knowledge transfer and training will be provided to help the successful candidate to grow into the position.
Supported study towards BASIS & FACTS will be offered once established in the role as well as a great salary.