Our client is an expanding garden centre business they now seed an experienced individual to join their team as category manager to cover, seeds, bulbs and hardy plants
You will be reporting to the head of plants
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:-
- Drive new product sourcing and maintain brand identity.
- Optimise the performance of the buying function through existing supply Base evaluation, sourcing new product from UK, and Europe. Where possible moving the supply to UK grown, including the use of Local suppliers in centres. Maximising profitability and ensuring the company profile for an AB1 demographic and aspirational product range is maintained.
- Management, development and leadership of the category on a day to day basis to ensure that existing ranges of merchandise are procured efficiently, stock control and product exiting is effectively managed, new product is procured and delivered appropriately and sales are optimised to maximise profitability.
- Management of supplier relationships to ensure high service levels continue and to optimise terms and conditions.
- Development and launch of the companies own brands within the Plant Seeds and Bulbs.
- Assessment of UK supply base and evaluation and management. Create and maintain the Supplier matrix to manage the suppliers and ranging in each centre. Management of contract grown stock, to ensure consistent supply of key lines to centres.
- Working closely with the Head of Plants, Plant analysts, retail support team and EPOS team to ensure analysis of sales and profit for efficient and relevant procurement of new and existing product ranges and to ensure the buying process is robust and performance is on target.
- Briefing the marketing and design team on new product initiatives, POS material and seasonal change requirements at centre level.
- Ensure the promotion planner is updated and stock procured in the right quantities, DC offer and key line multi buys in place, make sure information is available for Centres in advance
- Streamlining buying related functions and procedures to ensure range planning, budget adherence and delivery schedules are robust and provide visibility for analysis and reporting, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Anticipate and take responsibility for driving product development through business change via implementation of new product strategy.
- Creating and issuing the weekly and monthly reports to help the decision making of the Centres and the plant Team.