Our client has an exciting new opportunity on their Nursery for someone who would like to be involved in projects such as the Chelsea Flower Show.
The role will be to support the Nursery Manager in the management and day to day operational requirements of the Nursery and specifically the growing of plants for specific projects such as The Chelsea Flower Show and major landscaping projects they under take.
- Day to day management of the Nursery especially plant husbandry and health. Coordinating the projects (including but not limited to the Chelsea projects).
- Maintaining the highest standards of plant hygiene, weed control and cleanliness.
- Prioritising workloads and coordinating staff.
- Crop monitoring: quality, pests and diseases.
- Maintaining staff training records as well as health and safety training and record keeping.
- To assist the Nursery Manager in any other tasks on the Nursery as required.
For the role they are seeking:
- An enthusiastic and passionate horticulturist.
- Good horticultural qualification and/or experience.
- Experience/knowledge of perennials and nursery stock.
- Experience of team management.
- Project management in a high pressure environment desired.