Webbs Garden Centres is an award-winning independent family business with a great reputation for high quality horticulture, home and living products all provided with outstanding customer service.
Webbs, Wychbold is our Head Office and flagship store.
We're looking for an experienced retail manager to work with us as we invest in and develop our garden shop and sundries area. This department sells seeds, bulbs, chemicals and fertilisers and garden gifts, lighting and accessories.
The successful candidate will:
- have a passion for gardening and retail;
- have high quality standards and an eye for detail;
- be a role model for excellent sales through service;
- be willing to work in a hands on capacity whilst leading the Garden Shop team;
- be credible and confident in their gardening knowledge (ideally supported by a relevant qualification such as RHS 2/3 or equivalent. A formal qualification can be funded under our Webbs Specialist Training Guarantee);
- be an experienced people manager who can engage and develop our great team with lots of potential, by using our Career Pathways programme and recognition/reward schemes;
- have experience (or the ability to learn) ordering from a range selected by the group buyer;
- be IT literate with good organisational skills;
- be happy to sit as part of the garden centre management team with some lock up and Duty Manager duties expected as part of the role.
We offer a great rewards package including discretionary profit share bonus, colleague discount, life insurance, private medical insurance, generous Pension scheme and free parking.
If you have relevant knowledge and experience then we'd love to hear from you.