Are you an experienced and driven sales professional looking for a new challenge?
We have an opportunity for an area sales manager covering the North East Midlands, North Lincolnshire, Derbyshire, Yorkshire and Tees territories.
As one of the leading suppliers of seed to the garden centre industry, the Thompson & Morgan brand is recognised by gardeners all over the world. With a presence in over 700 stores in the UK alone, the potential for growth is huge. We’re looking for the right people to join our field-based sales team who want to be part of this exciting opportunity.
Responsibilities will include :-
- Meeting sales targets for assigned territory
- Capturing orders and managing relationships for existing customer accounts
- Negotiating best meterage and product range for each store to increase sales
- Maximising merchandising in store
- Generating sales leads and securing new business
- Providing market insight feeding back ideas, maintaining an awareness of sales trends, customer demand and competitor offering
Ideally the candidate will have experience of the Garden Centre industry and will have gained solid commercial skills working in a fast-paced field sales environment.
We want someone who is as equally driven by providing a good service as they are in driving sales. You’ll be determined, with a proven sales performance track record and the ability to deliver results. Self-motivation is key and a desire to succeed is essential.
In return you’ll be rewarded with;
- Salary £28,000 to £30,000 + sales related bonus (OTE £45,000)
- Employers enhanced pension contribution
The role is home-based so you must be able to cover your territory within reasonable travel time/distance from your home. You will be required to attend sales meetings every quarter, which are held throughout the UK, and you may be required to travel to our head office in Ipswich on occasion.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, then why not drop us a line and let us know more.