This leading horticultural supply company is seeking a results-driven Account Manager who is hungry for a challenge and lives to smash their KPIs!! Someone who knows their margin from their mark up and is eager to put this into practice.
So for this role we are seeking a passionate Account Manager, Sales Manager or Sales Executive who knows their plants and has a creative edge and can work confidently to supply plant producers and garden retailers.
As Account Manager you will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with your portfolio of strategic customers, working with key business executives, decision-makers and stakeholders. You will liaise between customers and internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of each creative solution to the customer's needs.
You will be based ideally within an hour of their Essex based offices and will be expected to be in the office for part of each week. (Your contract will be 'home-based'). Clients will be based across the UK as well as Ireland & Scotland so staying away is part of the job.
For this role we are seeking:
- Account management experience within the horticulture/ fresh produce sector. You will need to have good horticultural knowledge for this role.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation, including at executive level.
- Understanding of how to structure & close deals from experience with big retailers/ supermarkets.
- Able to listen to others and formalise their needs.
- Experience in delivering customer-focused solutions.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects while paying strict attention to detail.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to ensure a customer receives exceptional customer service.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Good plant knowledge would be advantageous, as would an understanding of marketing.
- You will be self-motivated and keen to contribute to the team.
- Being well organised and willing to invest time in continuous personal development is important to our client.
- You will be able and willing to travel, spending one or two nights away per week when necessary. With this role you could be away for as much as one week in three.
- Our client is a part of a European wide organisation, so on occasion you will be able to travel abroad in support of customer visits and company events.
A full job description is available on request.