The Gardenex export federation will be hosting the International Buyers’ Centre at Glee 2019, which is valued by the international buyers as a business hub within the show. The Centre will be located once again close to the entrance of Hall 6 on Stand N10-P11.
The PetQuip association, a sister division of Gardenex, will also be providing business services to pet product suppliers and buyers on its Stand 19R51 in the PetQuip Village section of the exhibition.
During the three day event, an important element of the Federation’s export business creating activities will be the staging of a series of International Buyers Connect sessions. The 10-minute introductory meetings will be held each morning of the show and are available exclusively to exhibitors at the show. The International Buyers Connect sessions have played an important part in generating new export leads and sales for many UK participants over the years.
Buyers are still being recruited by Gardenex and to date the following have confirmed their participation:
- A buyer from an Austrian internet shop that stocks quality tools and other practical, decorative and wildlife products will be looking for quality British products to complement its existing range.
- A Canadian buyer from a leading wholesaler and distributor to garden centres and landscapers on the east coast of Canada will be seeking practical gardening products to add to its range.
- Two buyers are taking part from an import company in China, whose CEO is also the President of the China Horticultural Society who visited Glee in 2018.
- Three garden product distributors/online retailers from the growing Romanian market will be attending the sessions. Also visiting Glee is a leading media company on the Romanian DIY and garden markets which operates several e-newsletters across different retail categories.
- A buyer is taking part from a Swedish online store selling direct to the general public that also acts as importer and distributor for several UK companies. The buyer is seeking to source new, innovative garden products to add to its B2C online store and is also hoping to widen its range of seeds and unusual plants.
- An importer and distributor from The Netherlands is attending the meetings. The firm supplies independent garden centres, landscape businesses and garden centre chains. It also has a well-established B2C garden online store, as well as a wholesale distribution business specialising in high-end garden items.
- A buyer from a specialist mail order company from the USA will be looking for greenhouse-related and other practical gardening products to complement its existing range.
In addition to the International Buyers Connect meetings, the Centre will provide a wide range of other facilities and information for both international visitors and for UK suppliers.
As well as meeting with international buyers and addressing their UK product sourcing enquiries, the Gardenex and PetQuip teams will be available throughout the show to meet with existing member companies and potential members. Export advice and details of the wide range of business-generating services provided by the two associations will be available from the association teams, as well as early notification of business initiatives, events and export government grant funding opportunities for UK businesses over the coming 12 months.
To apply for membership of Gardenex or PetQuip contact:
telephone: +44 (0) 44 1959 565995 or fax: +44 (0) 1959 565885